The intent of this policy is to establish a system for ensuring that students or clients are able to make a claim for a credit or partial or full refund of any monies paid towards a course in the event that they withdraw from that course before successful completion. Australian Training School Pty Ltd (ATS) operates a refund policy which is fair and equitable. Clients are encouraged to contact the Management of Australian Training School if they have issues or concerns prior to requesting a refund.
- Enrolment and Administration fees are non-refundable.
- A cancellation fee of $150 will be charged for full certificate qualifications and traineeships if cancellation occurs three months after course commencement.
- Up-front payments will be refunded on a pro-rata basis after deducting non-refundable amounts.
- No refunds will be granted if enrolment is cancelled after 12 months for full certificate qualifications and traineeships.
Assessment only Services – including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Candidates participating in Assessment Only services will be invoiced as agreed at enrolment. A refund (after deducting any non-refundable amounts may only apply if no assessor directed assessment activities or interview has occurred between the assessor and applicant in relation to the unit/s of competency, and no respective assessment resources have been issued to the applicant by Australian Training School.
Methods of Claiming a Credit/Refund
Claims for refunds must be made by the payer of the fees in writing and supported with proof of payment and addressed to Australian Training School Pty Ltd. Claimants must specify how they want to receive their refund. Refunds may be taken in the form of a credit note which may be applied to further training, or deposited into a nominated bank account.
Claims for refunds will be reviewed and processed within 30 days from receipt of the claim. Any courseware such as, learner guides, manuals, text books and/or electronic media, CDs already supplied to the student on loan, must be returned in good condition before any refund is paid. Materials returned in poor condition or not returned will have replacement costs deducted from any refund amount owing.
- Australian Training School reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classroom training sessions at any time. If Australian Training School cancels a scheduled training session you are entitled to a full refund, but Australian Training School is not responsible for any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation.
- If you wish to withdrawal from a course notification must be received in writing 14 working days prior to course commencement in order to qualify for a full refund (less administration fee). If less than 5 days’ notice is given, the full fee is payable; however a substitute person may attend. You are responsible for ensuring that Australian Training School receives your written request.
Withdrawal due to illness or hardship
In the case of a participant who withdrew from a course or program due to illness or extreme hardship, ATS may, at its discretion, allow a refund of the fees. The following conditions may apply:
- The person concerned must produce satisfactory evidence of the circumstances of his/her withdrawal, such as medical certificates;
- A cancellation fee of 25% of full course fees will be withheld
- Withdrawal must take place prior to the expiration of the course; and if a refund has been issued a Statement of Attainment will NOT be granted for any units.
Rescheduling (Short Courses only)
- Rescheduling is allowed on a one time basis only without charge where ATS has been notified in writing at least 14 working days prior to scheduled training commencement date, with no further rescheduling permitted. If you do not attend training within 6 months from the original course start date the entire course fee will be forfeited.
Deferments (Full Certificate Qualifications/Traineeships only)
- You may apply to the Director in writing for a deferment. If you demonstrate exceptional circumstances supported by documentation, ATS will normally grant 6-12 month deferments, as necessary. The Decision of the Director is final.
Extensions (Full Certificate Qualifications/Traineeships only)
- You may apply to the Director in writing for an extension. You must clearly state the reason for the extension and the extra time requested. The Decision of the Director is final.